I love getting ready for New Year’s because no rules apply; You can go as bold as you’d like or stick with your tried-and-true makeup. I’m betting nobody would even bat-a-lash to a black lip color (and how fun would that be)! Whatever you go with you can pretty much bet you’re going to have an unforgettable night out!
To me nothing screams “celebration” more than a little sparkle and bold lips! My camera didn’t pick up the glitter as much as I wish it did but today I’m bringing you a bronzey-gold eye look with glitter on the bottom lashline for liner, and also a tad bit on the lids (I couldn’t help myself). I’m also giving you two lip options; one fun and girly and the other more dramatic and sultry. The eye makeup is exactly the same on both looks! I even pulled my hair to the side to show you how easily you can transform these two looks into a third more sleeker option!
- THE BALM Nude’tude Palette
- MAC Eye Shadow ‘Amber Lights’
- Wet n Wild Glitter Single 352B ‘Brass’
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil ‘Smog’
- Ardell Glamour Demi Wispies
GET THE EYE LOOK: With a flat shadow brush (Sigma E55 Eye Shading Brush) pick up ‘Seductive’ from your Nude’tude palette (a golden bronze-brown with pearl finish color) and place all over lid avoiding brow bone. Take ‘Sultry’ (a warm medium brown color) with a blending brush (Sigma E25 Blending) and place around ‘Seductive’ shade in a wind shield wiper motion. Pick up ‘Sleek’ and do the same, even dragging around bottom lash line. Pick up MAC’s ‘Amber Lights’ with finger and pat on the center of the eye lid. Take your Wet n Wild glitter single in ‘Brass’ and if you wish pat on center of eye as well (the glitter already comes in sticky consistency so no need to add glue – amazing product for $1). Take any small angled brush (I used the ELF concealer brush) and pick up more of your glitter shade to use as liner in your bottom lash line. Take Urban Decay ‘Smog’ Glide-On Eye Pencil and line inner bottom lash line. Pop on your false lashes and you’re done!
- Revlon Colorstay Foundation (310 Warm Golden)
- NYX HD Concealer (Beige) and MAC ProLonger Concealer (NW20) for under-eyes
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit (Banana powder) to set under-eyes
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit to bronze face (Fawn)
- Milani Baked Blush (03 Berry Amore)
- TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer (Highlight)
- Maybelline Define-A-Brow (Medium Brown)
- Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara (to set brows)
- First Option: Maybelline Vivids in 875 Vivid Rose
- Second Option: MAC Satin Lipstick in Rebel
For the third look all you have to do is pull your hair to the side and secure with a pony tail. I always like to wrap some hair around the band so it doesn’t show and pin it underneath with a bobby pin.
What look did you like best? Whether you decide to go girly or sultry, have a fun and safe New Year!