This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SavorPumpkinSeason #CollectiveBias
What does the heavy rotation of flannel, OTK boots, crimson lips and daily Starbucks® Pumpkin Spice Caffè Lattes all have in common?! If you guessed fall, you guessed right and I couldn’t be a happier camper!
It might be because my birthday is the same day as the official start of fall – aka Pumpkin season as I like to call it. Or maybe it’s because there’s no denying the cool, crisp air begs for serious bundling up in oversized sweaters and a hot beverage! But I’ve got a huge crush on fall and ever since moving to Connecticut I’ve tried to make the most of the fall traditions.
You see, while Pumpkin season is underway, it’s also fleeting! (Gasp!) I know, how dare I rain on our fall parade?! It’s a bummer pumpkin spice coffee is a limited-time fall flavor so this year, the hubs and I decided to do lots of fall traditions right away, like head to an apple orchard and bring the fall flavors of Starbucks® coffee with us.
This was my first time at an apple orchard and it was pretty fun! I got a little competitive hunting down the best apples, and not to boast or anything but I’m pretty proud of our loot!
Once we got home we refilled our cups with Starbucks® Pumpkin Spice Caffè Latte K-Cup® pods you can find at ShopRite. Not only do my K-Cup® pods make it easy to sip my favorite coffee when I’m out and about on chilly, fall days, they also make it easy to enjoy my favorite spice fall flavor in the warmth of my own home. Pumpkin Spice Caffè Lattes are actually a tradition between my husband and I – we do not have our first one of the season without one another! Do any of you do the same?
Using the apples from the orchard we started on our sweet fall treats – caramel-dipped apples!
I love this fall tradition because it’s easy, tasty and fun to make after a long day.
How to Make Caramel Apples
*Be sure to check out ShopRite private label products when you shop for these ingredients*
1. Rinse off your apples, remove the stems and press a craft stick in the top.
2. Place your wax paper on a tray and cover the entire wax paper with butter
3. Remove all your caramel candies from their wrappers
4. Place them in a soft pan over medium, low heat and add about 2 tbsp. of water
5. Stir until completely melted
6. Take a sip of your Starbucks® 😉
7. To coat apples with caramel, lean the soft pan to the side and let the caramel pool. Dip apple in, coat and turn until apple is completed covered.
8. Scrape any excess off the bottom with a spoon and transfer to wax paper.
9. Refrigerate for about an hour and take out about 15 minutes before serving.
We decided to take our caramel-dipped apples to the next level by crumbling our favorite cookies to coat them. Just press them onto the caramel and you’re done! I find these cookie crumb caramel apples and my Starbucks® are the perfect fall pair!
It’s simple pleasures like this that really add to the fall season and traditions!
What fall traditions do you have with your family and friends? Let me know below if you’re just as pumpkin-obsessed as I am and if you’ve had your first Starbucks® Pumpkin Spice Caffè Latte of the season!?