I can honestly say I have never worn blue eyeshadow; well maybe when I was younger and experimenting with makeup but never out. Probably because I’ve always played it safe with makeup but that’s what #wearablewednesday is for right?
I tried stepping outside the box a bit with my color choice for this Holiday makeup look.
Reds, greens, golds – all obvious choices for Christmas but I decided to go with an icy, pastel blue for a soft and slightly smokey eye; plus I keep hearing pastels are in this winter 😉 I paired it with a peachy, pink lip and the combination turned out beautiful. If a red lip is too bold for you but you still want a look that will stand out this Holiday season, I highly recommend this one.
Continue reading for all the details on this Holiday makeup look and my awesome posing skills!
Products used for this Ice Princess Holiday Makeup Look:
HOLIDAY MAKEUP LOOK- EYES:
- Disney Cinderella Collection Palette by Sephora
- This palette was Limited Edition but here are swatches of the colors I used so you can color match with shadows you already own
Place ‘a wish’ all over lid, even brow bone. Take ‘glass slipper’ with flat makeup brush (Sigma E55) and place in the center of lid. Take ‘Naked2’ from your Naked Basics palette and use as transition shade, sweeping outward with Sigma E25 Blending Brush. Place a little bit of ‘royal’ over ‘Naked2’ but just on the outer part of your eye. Go in with a mix of ‘midnight’ and ‘faint’ from the Basics palette to deepen crease to your liking with a Sigma Tapered Blending E40 Brush. Pat ‘charming’ on center of lid for some sparkle. Use ‘venus’ from Basics palette for your inner tear duct and brow bone highlight. Rim bottom lash line with Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in UZI and smoke out with ‘midnight’ shade. Use Sigma Small Angle E65 Brush and Inglot eyeliner gel in 77 for wing and pop on your falsies (Ardell Glamour Wispies used for this look). Coat bottom lashes with Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara.
HOLIDAY MAKEUP LOOK- FACE:
- Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Combination/Oily Skin in 310 Warm Golden (blended with Beauty Blender)
- MAC Select Cover-Up (NW25) to conceal blemishes
- MAC Studio Fix (C4) to set foundation
- L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer (Creamy Beige) and NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer (Custard) for under-eye concealing
- Ben Nye Banana Powder to set under eyes
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Matte Waterproof Bronzer (Park Ave Princess) to warm face (placed in hollows of cheeks and hairline)
HOLIDAY MAKEUP LOOK- LIPS:
- MAC Amplified Lipstick in A Perfect Day
- Buxom Full-On Lip Polish in Emma
HOLIDAY MAKEUP LOOK- CHEEKS:
- BECCA Mineral Blush in Wild Honey
- BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal for highlight
HOLIDAY MAKEUP LOOK- BROWS:
- Maybelline Define-A-Brow in Medium Brown
- Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara to set
I love how this Holiday makeup look came together; it’s soft, romantic, and fit for the princess in all of us. Will you be reaching for your blue eye shadow this season? Or sticking to more traditional colors? Can’t wait to hear!