Show-stopping outfit? Check! Clutch to go with your perfect ensemble? Check! Everything you need to make your night run smoothly?…
Don’t worry beauty, I’ve got you covered!
With many looong New Year’s Eve party nights under my belt, I’ve had my fair share of beauty and fashion emergencies I had to solve fast! Here’s a list of a few things you might want to toss into your clutch to ensure your night is snafu-free.
- Blotting Sheets: A shiny, new outfit is perfect for New Year’s but a shiny forehead? No bueno. Instead of your compact throw blotting sheets in your clutch to keep refreshed and oil-free without disturbing your makeup.
- Portable Phone Charger: This might be my number one essential for New Year’s. With so many factors you can’t control it’s nice to have your phone handy and charged; You never know if you’ll need to call a cab or find your group if you separate.
- Lipstick of the night: Pretty self-explanetory; Touch-ups are inevitable throughout the night.
- Cash: Some places don’t take debit cards; And if you plan on doing dinner before your night out, make it easier on your group by having cash at hand when splitting the bill.
- Breath Mints: You can never be too prepared when it comes to minty, fresh breath.. especially when a midnight kiss is a major possibility tonight!
- Eye Drops: Long nights and smokey clubs always make my eyes dry and red… and that doesn’t really go with my glitter eyeshadow 😉 Rohto eye drops are my favorite remedy for this and I always have them at-hand.
- Concealer: My favorite concealer is Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer but that’s a little pricey to risk losing throughout the night so I’m taking NYX HD Concealer instead; in my opinion a great affordable dupe and perfect for on-the-go touch-ups.
- Lash Glue: If you’re a glam girl, you’re wearing lashes tonight… Dramatic ones! I will always remember last New Year’s when one of my lashes couldn’t handle my amazing dance moves and decided to call it a night before I did. I vowed that would never happen again so I always carry lash glue; My favorite for touch-ups is DUO’s Brush On Adhesive because of it’s brush applicator.
- Band Aids: If you went all out on your NYE ensemble then you’re probably wearing new heels and those are always tough to break in. You don’t want blisters ruining your night so pack a few band aids just in case.
- Perfume Rollerball: My current favorite perfume is Nest Midnight Fleur; I just love it! And that’s what I want to smell like instead of cigarettes and spilled drinks. A quick little dab on the wrists (and the back of your neck so the scent dissipates when you move) will keep you smelling amazing until the wee hours of the night!
So there you have it; My little survival kit. Do you have any essentials you always toss into your clutch? Share with us!